Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A pleasant classroom surprise / My dear kids

Not to take away from the article about the chopper crash below, but I wanted to put up some positive stuff from Gimhwa before the day's over here.

Teaching's full of surprises. Some are good, some are bad, and some are simply heartwarming. Those heartwarming things bring joy and moments of precious peace to the world. I walked into the HS English classroom yesterday to find one of my students had written me a message on the screen. I knew immediately who wrote it because I recognized her handwriting. She's one of the finest students in the school; the kind of student who takes good notes, raises her hand, and rarely strays off task. She wrote,

"Ben teacher, I always love you! Thank you for teaching us. Your class always happy."

What a way to begin the day. You know you're doing it right when students say thanks for teaching them. I'm glad I have the privilege of teaching her and her classmates, her class is indeed a happy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment