Saturday, January 12, 2013

V Day 13 (14): Live from San Francisco

The flight in went well. I got bits of sleep here and there, but nothing substantial. It's around 6:30am tomorrow in Seoul and it's 1:36pm in SF right now, so it's early afternoon and I feel like I've been up all night. Which is true, for the most part. Right now the big decision is whether to ride out the tired or get a Monster to rally through the next flight. Sleeping soon means possibly not sleeping later and that Monster sounds tasty, as a year's passed since I've downed one.

The low mountains around the airport look similar to the Korean mountains, but that's it. Every employee here seems stressed and curt--the Koreans, for all the "Hurry! Hurry!" culture, still manage to seem relaxed enough at their jobs, unlike here where everyone seems hell bent on getting through the day without imploding.

On the plane I began cataloging all the Korean stuff I'd miss again. The kimchi withdrawal's probably already started.

No comments:

Post a Comment