Thursday, February 2, 2012

From Seoul to Milwaukee and back, part II

I've been back in Korea for two days now. This post will be short since the one below covers most of the observations I made while back in the States. It feels quite good to get back amongst the mountains and the kimchi again.

Another observation: the jet lag of flying to the States is much worse than flying to Korea from the States. The 11:40am flight out of Incheon landed at 9:30am Chicago time on the same day thanks to the International Date Line. After being awake for ~17 hours, I still had the entire day to go before the sun went down. A 3 hour nap in the middle of the afternoon helped, but the next day was much the same. It took a while to get back on track.

Contrast that with flying back here. The 11:30am flight landed at 4pm Seoul time, so by the time I got to bed I'd been up for ~24 hours. I got to bed at midnight and woke up at 7:30am feeling like I'd been out all partying all night. The same goes for today.

Dealing with the jet lag/travel action on this flight to Korea now has been much easier than when I originally did it in August. Back then, my anticipation was running high with the excitement of starting a new life in a new land. But this time? I've grown accustomed to the land and can get around now, so the old nerves weren't there at all. The jet lag hit hard in August because of shift in environments and the rush of Orientation. Not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment